A. Entitlement of raw land
B. Commercial real estate with land or entitlement elements
C. Re-entitlement of land that has existing income-producing components, including vertical development
D.Commercial real estate with no land or entitlement elements
Value Creation Strategy1
The strategy does not include:
Land Banking Risk
We do not buy land as holding or financing mechanism for home builders.
Path of Growth Exposure
We do not buy land on the outer fringes of future growth, where there is no current demand and the exit strategy relies on future growth.
Assets Type Shopoff May Invest in:4
What are Shopoff’s Avenues for Value Creation?
REPURPOSING OF LAND
- Including raw land and improved land with existing assets
- Strategies involve entitlements, re-zoning and other pre-development activities
REPOSITIONING OF COMMERCIAL ASSETS
- Includes office, retail, multifamily, industrial, hospitality, and others
- Strategies involve repositions, rehabilitation and recapitalization
- Includes industrial, multifamily, hospitality, single-family and build-to-rent
- Strategy may include horizontal improvements and/or vertical construction
(1) There is no assurance that this value creation strategy will succeed to meet its investment objectives.
(2) Sources may include corporations, institutions, organizations, distressed, owners, and others.
(3) Repurposing assets include, but is no limited to re-entitling or redeveloping raw land or modifying the use of a commercial asset. Repositioning assets involves the changing of the position of the property in the market place (e.g. rehabilitate the asset and/or improve operations.) Recapitalizing assets include the refinance of an asset to potentially provide a more favorable capital structure.
(4) These properties are an example of investments, which are managed by Shopoff Realty Investments, but owned by closed investment funds.
*Entitlements add value to real estate by securing land use approvals that allow a property to be developed in a manner that meets market demands.
This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. An investment in a Shopoff limited partnership involves a high degree of risk, including the possible loss of your investment, and is illiquid with an uncertain liquidity date. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Securities offered through Shopoff Securities, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC.