Visitors to This Web Site
Visitors to this web site remain anonymous, unless they elect to disclose their identity to us. Although we do not collect personally identifying information about persons who simply visit our site, we may collect certain limited information about visitors, such as their IP address (a numeric address assigned automatically to computers when they access the Internet).
We may place “cookies” on a computer to track a visitor´ use of this web site. A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on your hard drive. It takes up very little room on your system and helps us to customize our site and make its navigation easier for you. Your web browser can be set to inform you when cookies are set or to prevent them from being set. If you elect to prevent cookies from being set, however, some web functions may not work properly. Unless you register with us for a service (such as our online banking service), the cookie does not provide us with any personally identifying information about you, such as your name or address.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times;
- We do not sell or disclose any non-public personal information about you to anyone except as permitted by law;
- We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations for their own marketing purposes outside the affiliated companies who are doing business on our behalf;
- We contractually require any person and/or organization providing products or services to customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of Shopoff customer information; and
- We afford prospective and former customers of Shopoff the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect and use various types of information we believe is necessary to administer our business, and to offer you the best possible customer service. Customer information we collect is categorized into the following types:
- Information we receive from you on applications, or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, such as your name, address, phone number, social security number, assets, income and other household information;
- Information about your transactions and account experience with us or others, such as your account balance and transaction history;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies, such as information regarding your creditworthiness or credit history;
- Information from visitors to our website provided through online forms, site visitor data and online information collecting devices such as “cookies”; and
- Other general information we obtain about you that is not assembled for the purpose of opening an account or offering certain products or services that you may request, such as demographic information.
Is Personal Information Shared With Others?
We limit the sharing of information with others. We do not disseminate the information we collect about you to any non-affiliated third parties for marketing purposes. Therefore, clients will neither need to nor have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of non-public personal information.
We may share information with our affiliates, and employees and agents of Shopoff or its affiliates, or except as permitted or required by law.
We may share the information we collect about you with non-affiliated service providers, for example, accounting firms that prepare tax reporting information, transfer agents, and banks that handle wire transfers and escrow investments.
Disclosing Information in Other Situations
We may also disclose any of the five types of Customer Information to credit bureaus and similar organizations, and otherwise when permitted by law. For example, this may include:
- A disclosure in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- A fraud investigation;
- Recording of deeds of trust and mortgages in public records;
- An audit or examination; and
- The sale of your account to another financial institution.
How Do We Protect the Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of Information About You?
We are committed to preventing others from authorizing access to your customer information, and we maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose. We take several steps to protect the customer information we have about you, including the following:
- We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide you with the best possible products and services;
- Where third parties provide support services, we require them to conform to our privacy standards; and
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your non-public personal information.
Although we take these measures to protect your information, we are unable to guarantee non-public personal information may not be compromised through the Internet or by third parties.
We have procedures in place that help us to maintain the accuracy of the personally identifiable information that we collect. Please write to us or call us if you believe that our information about you is incomplete, out-of-date, or incorrect. Additionally, since this policy may change from time to time, you can always review our current policy by contacting us for a copy at (949) 417-1396 or by visiting our website at: www.shopoff.com.