TARGET ASSET CLASSES2
VALUE CREATION PROCESS1
Shopoff draws upon its years of experience and wide relationship network to implement its strategy and create value.
HOW WE DEPLOY OUR VALUE CREATION STRATEGY5
When investing in real estate, Shopoff implements several different techniques to create value, including:
EXAMPLES OF EXECUTED STRATEGIES
Entitlement & Repurposing of Land
This multi-disciplined approach enables Shopoff to uncover opportunities that others may not capitalize on, or even recognize.
1. There is no assurance that this strategy will succeed to meet its investment objectives.
2. These are examples of properties Shopoff may invest in and do not define Shopoff’s full scope for investments. The company may invest in other types of real estate assets beyond the above mentioned list.
3. Sources may include corporations, institutions, organizations, distressed, owners, and others.
4. Repurposing assets include, but is not limited to re-entitling or redeveloping raw land or modifying the use of a commercial asset. Repositioning assets involves the changing of the position of the property in the market place (e.g. rehabilitate the asset and/or improve operations.) Recapitalizing assets include the refinance of an asset to potentially provide a more favorable capital structure.
5. The strategies are primarily, but not exclusively, utilized for raw land, improved land with existing infrastructure, assets that have existing commercial use, or assets that have a combination of commercial and other components. These strategies add value to those assets achieving their highest and best use, at which time they will be sold.
6. Entitlements add value to real estate by securing land use approvals that allow a property to be developed in a manner that meets market demands.